Summer Fair 31st May 11am-5pm £4 entry (£2 with NUS card)
Happy Birthday Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair!
London’s definitive vintage fair celebrates its 6th anniversary on 31st May. Since launching in 2009, Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair has received awards including a Time Out Best Shops badge, Best vintage fair in The Vintage Guide to London awards, featured in international press including Vogue Italia, Antique & Auction Denmark and Mr Partner Japan, national press and highly recommended in fashion design books as a place to pick up inspiration.
Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair has continued its success and remained true to its vision. Here are 6 reasons why it’s so popular and why you should come along to our next fair on 31st May:
- Carefully vetted traders: we hand pick 50 of the very best traders to provide our customers with a great choice of authentic vintage. We don’t sell reproduction, vintage-style clothing or second hand garments from later than the 1980s.
- More than just shopping: we were the first fair to introduce additional elements to buid an entire vintage experience. At the next fair we’ll have our traditional tea room open for homemade cakes and a cup of tea, a live singer performing classic songs for shoppers and vintage manicures from Demains Nails for just £7!
- Buy original pieces that are on trend today: everyone is talking about the 70s trend this summer! Our shoppers know that they can come and find unique pieces from the era (and many more) to create a fashion-forward look without risking seeing someone else in the same outfit! This is our last fair until September so stock up now on summer looks.
- A beautiful setting: The Old Finsbury Town Hall is a stunning example of Art Nouveau architecture in the heart of London’s design district. A 10 minute walk from Angel station, its ornate, decorative features are the perfect venue for the fair.
- Heirlooms not landfill: that’s been our motto since we started. In recent years, vintage fashion has been rising in popularity and value as consumers look to buy investment pieces that will last. We’ve been giving beautiful fashion that will be handed down for generations a second chance and saving it from overflowing landfill sites.
- Something for everyone: we ensure we carry a cross-section of styles to suit every taste. You’ll find womenswear, menswear, accessories and homewares all under one roof and pieces dating from 1800s through to 1980s. Looking for designer fashion? You’ll find names like Dior, Chanel, Bill Gibbs, Ossie Clark and more. Looking for affordable items to update your summer wardrobe? You can also find costume jewellery, accessories and clothing that are iconic of their time at reasonable prices.